As Hurricane Ian makes its way towards Florida’s Gulf Coast, our thoughts are with our shelter partners and pet parents affected by this severe weather. Please ensure your contact information is up to date on your mypethealth.com account so we can reunite you and your pet in-case of an emergency.
Lost Pet Recovery agents are available 24/7/365 to assist in getting your pet home safely should they go missing. Our Pet Protection Services team can be reached at 1-866-597-2424 Monday-Thursday 8am-9pm EST, Friday 8am-7pm, and Saturday 9am-5pm.
Below is a list of things to take with you in your “pet emergency kit”. The 24PetWatch® team is thinking of our friends and hope that you all stay safe..
Pet Emergency Preparedness Kit
Keeping an emergency kit on hand will better prepare you and your pets for emergency situations. Ideally, the kit is kept in a sealed container to keep everything dry. Suggested items to include:
- An extra collar and leash
- Metal food and water bowls
- A recent photo of your pet (just in case
- Canned food (3-7 days’ worth) or dry food (be sure to rotate it every two months to ensure freshness) – Don’t forget the can opener!
- Pet first aid kit
- Copies of your pet’s medical records, your Veterinarian’s contact information, your pet’s microchip number and the 24PetWatch phone number 1.866.597.2424
- Liquid dish soap
- Pet wipes and disinfectant wipes
- Garbage bag for clean up
- Bottled water – 7 days’ worth per pet (replace every 2 months)
- A crate or carrier
- Blanket and towel (1 per pet)
- Paper towels
- Treats (switch every 2 months)
- Disposable litter trays, litter, and a scoop