This is Buddy talking to you this month.
Another Holiday Season is here and all of us at Cats n Dogs in Port Charlotte want to send out best wishes for a happy and healthy Holiday Season & a Great New Year to all our friends (furry and not) near and far.
We’re looking forward to our snowbird friends and local friends coming in to say “Hi!” Please come to the store and see what old and new favorites we have for you. Our Humans have stocked the store with lots of great gift ideas, special treats, toys, food and more.
Humans, are you bringing a new furry friend home for the holidays? While after the chaos of the Holidays is a better time to add a new furry family member, sometimes he or she really IS the purrrfect gift for your family. Don’t forget to check with your current pet before you bring a new friend home.
Here are a few things to take care of when you bring him/her home…
Before the homecoming, have your Human get the house ready: crate, food, bed, collar, leash, etc. Don’t forget a nametag for the collar! Look around and make things safe for your new friend. Mango says a new kitty might like a scratch box or indoor climbing tree.
Homecoming ideas – you can help your Human with this…
- Your Human should take you and your new doggie partner for walks on a leash around and around your neighborhood, yard and house. This exercise helps create boundaries for your new friend. You and your Human need to show the way forward to helping him/her be a great family member.
- Mango says to keep your new kitty IN the house, so he/she learns what Home is.
- Let your new fuzzy buddy have his or her own safe space to go in a cozy location that is all their own. Ok furry friends, if this is to be your new brother or sister, you need to SHARE. Humans, a crate is a good safe space, at least for the first year or so.
- Sharing – also means not stealing their food. (Humans, you might want to feed your 2 fuzzy kids in separate rooms so there is no arguing.)
- Toys – let your new furry friend have some toys too. No fighting! Your Human might consider putting the toys away after playtime.
- Mischief – the 2 of you might want to show off a bit. It’s not a good idea to teach your new friend your bad habits… just sayin’.
- I know you are going to show your new best bud who is the boss. That’s ok – just don’t be a bully. A few quick lessons should do the trick – and not freak out your Humans.
All of us here at Cats n Dogs want to wish you a Very Happy Holiday! We thank you for your loyal patronage in the store and readership online throughout this decade. And we look forward to serving you next year!
Our mission is still the same – to provide our furball friends and their Humans with a variety of high-quality foods, snacks, beauty & health products, toys and gift items. We’re always here to help with advice, resources and information.
Stay out of the tinsel and have a GREAT 2020!
With a Wuf Wuf and a Meoowww,
Me (Buddy), Taylor, Mango, Nancy, Harry & Judi